If your child will be 5 years old by September 15, 2021, your child can be registered for Kindergarten. Please complete and return a Kindergarten application packet (with required documents) to the Central Registrar's Office by Friday, July 30, 2021 for the 2021 - 2022 School Year.
We have four elementary schools within our district: Aurora Heights, Emerson Hough, Thomas Jefferson, and Woodrow Wilson. The elementary school your child will attend is determined by your address within our district. Check out our School Boundaries Map to find your child's elementary school!
- Complete the Kindergarten application (with required documents below)
- Required Documents:
- a copy of your child's birth certificate
- a current immunization record
- proof of residency (driver's license or lease, mortgage, utility bill with current address)
- Please submit your application materials to Melinda Robertson at the Central Registrar's Office (EJH Beard Administration Center - 1302 1st Avenue West, Newton) or via email to email@example.com.
- After a completed application packet is received, a link to the Infinite Campus online registration kiosk and a Parent Packet will be emailed to you to complete the Kindergarten registration process.
- If your child currently attends the Newton Community Preschool, submit your application materials as above with updated immunization records and contact information. An email will be sent explaining how to complete the registration process.
- Attend the Parent Meeting on April 29, 2021 though a virtual link that will be sent to you from your elementary attendance center. The meeting will be recorded for those unable to attend on the scheduled night, and made available on our district website.
- Complete the Parent Packet by August 10, 2021, prior to the start of school in the Fall 2021. If you prefer to pick up a Parent Packet, they will be available beginning February 10, 2021 at our elementary schools, or at the District Office (EJH Beard Administration Center - 1302 1st Avenue West, Newton).
- For health safety concerns, your child will not attend a traditional on-site (Kindergarten Round-Up) process.
If you have any questions, please contact Melinda Robertson, Central Registrar, at 641.792.5809 (Option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org